What Type of Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information that may be collected may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number, and e-mail address
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information
We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you create an account - your username, password, your city of birth, your birthday and mobile phone number
- If you buy goods online - what you buy, how frequently you buy and rewards you may earn
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways - demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you
- To allow "Like" buttons and "Share" buttons to work
- To collect information about your browsing habits and share it with other websites so they can display advertising that is more relevant to you
Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. Web beacons may deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you. We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
How Does ENERGYbits Use Information About You?
We may use information about you for purposes described in this. For example, we may use information about you to:
- Process and manage your purchase and use of our products and services, including your account(s) and program participation
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on our Sites, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other Site activities
- Create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs
- Communicate with you about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, and your requests for information
- Communicate with you about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers
Does ENERGYbits Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
We share your personal information in limited ways:
- We may share personal information about you with others with your consent
- We may also share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processors, mailing houses or website hosts) and that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors). These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf
- If you participate in any blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
What Choices Does ENERGYbits Offer About Personal Information?
We offer choices for you to request to update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you
- Log in to your account, if you have one, and visit the profile management section to manage and update your contact information and personal information
- Call our offices at 617-886-5106
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
You can usually choose to set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it may affect many features or Services on our Sites.
How is Personal Information Secured?
We take every reasonable step to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
Our Customer Relations Department can be contacted online, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 617-886-5106 or by postal mail at ENERGYbits Inc. Customer Relations, 9 Hawthorne Place, Suite 6R Boston, MA, 02114.
Last updated February 6, 2018