With the holidays fast approaching it’s time to celebrate! And since we want you and your family to stay healthy during the holidays, our ENERGYbits® family put these tips together to help you do that!
1. Choosing wisely at the buffet.
Focus on plant-based options, healthy fats and proteins when scanning the offerings. Try filling your plate with veggies and greens first and even use a smaller plate so you’ll feel like you’re eating in abundance. Our pro tip is sprinkle RECOVERYbits® on your salad for some added crunch and make dinner even more easily digestible not to mention a conversation starter!
Holiday Tip: At the buffet, focus on plant-based options, healthy fats and proteins. Try filling your plate with veggies and greens first and even use a smaller plate so you’ll feel like you’re eating in abundance. Click To Tweet
2. Alternating your glasses of wine.
At holiday parties, try alternating your glasses of wine with sparkling water (maybe with a squeeze of lemon or splash of cranberry for a flavor boost). Speaking of wine, don’t forget to take RECOVERYbits® chlorella tablets at the end of the party so you won’t have a hangover the next day! Chlorella detects alcohol as a toxin and removes it before it reaches your liver. Spirulina helps too .
3. Allow yourself a few worthy splurges.
Life is short so enjoy a few indulgences! So pick your favorite treat and slowly savor every.single.bite. And to help you know when to stop (and not overdo it!) at the end of your glorious splurge take a handful of RECOVERYbits® (chlorella algae) to reset your taste buds and if necessary also help remove toxins from the body.
4. Take bits to prevent overeating.
Taking a handful of ENERGYbits® spirulina 15-20 minutes before dinner is a perfect way to stave off hunger and avoid overeating. Each bit contains just one calorie and brings cravings to a halt. Also, spirulina has been found to help maintain blood sugar levels [2, 3, 4], so they help keep your energy high on and off the dance floor!
We hope these tips help you celebrate a happy and healthy season! At ENERGYbits® we’re celebrating too because we just launched our new website! Check it out!
- Mazokopakis EE, Papadomanolaki MG, Fousteris AA, Kotsiris DA, Lampadakis IM, Ganotakis
ES. The hepatoprotective and hypolipidemic effects of Spirulina (Arthrospira platensis)
supplementation in a Cretan population with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a prospective pilot study. Ann Gastroenterol Q Publ Hell Soc Gastroenterol. 2014;27(4):387-394.
- Parikh P, Mani U, Iyer U. Role of Spirulina in the control of glycemia and lipidemia in Type 2
diabetes mellitus. J Med Food. 2001;4(4):193-199. doi:10.1089/10966200152744463.
- Marcel A-K, Ekali LG, Eugene S, et al. The effect of Spirulina platensis versus Soybean on insulin resistance in HIV-infected patients: a randomized pilot study. Nutrients. 2011;3(7):712-724.doi:10.3390/nu3070712.
- Johnson M, Hassinger L, Davis J, Devor ST, DiSilvestro RA. A randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study of spirulina supplementation on indices of mental and physical fatigue in men. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2016;67(2):203-206. doi:10.3109/09637486.2016.1144719.