- Catharine Arnston, Founder & CEO of ENERGYbits, joins Ben Greenfield to speak about spirulina and chlorella algae.
- Ben Greenfield is a New York Times bestselling author and was named one of the world’s 100 most influential leaders in health and fitness. He is the founder and CEO of Kion.
- Catharine and Ben explore what algae actually is.
- They discuss two types of algae (spirulina and chlorella) and when they should be taken if you’re working out.
- Catharine shares how one of the types of algae has a nutritional profile almost identical to mother’s milk.
- Catharine and Ben get into the science behind algae and discuss research on a pigment found in blue-green algae shown to help with muscle recovery, RNA and DNA, how chlorophyll allows the body to produce ATP, and how algae can help protect your skin from sun damage.
Read the transcript
You can view the related blog post and accompanying resources at https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcast/nutrition-podcasts/algae-health-benefits/.